Head of Governance
Hours: 20 hours per week
Location: Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire with some flexibility to work from home
Salary: Full time equivalent of circa £35,000 per annum (£18,919 pro-rata)
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) formed as part of the commitment by the Diocese of Oxford to excellent education for academies. Operating across Buckinghamshire, including Milton Keynes, we are building a successful MAT attractive to both church and non-church schools. We are currently a family of eleven schools with an ambitious and exciting programme of growth. Our vision is centered on empowering our unique schools to excel. We provide rich opportunities for our pupils and staff to learn and develop and have strong local leadership that is supported and challenged by ODBST. Our values of inclusivity, service, community, and empowerment underpin this vision.
We are now looking for a Head of Governance to support our Trust and the local governing bodies of our academies. This is an exciting role in a small, friendly team helping to guide a growing organisation. You will lead the delivery of a high-quality and consistent governance to ODBST schools. You will also advise our Board and clerk meetings of the Trustees and their committees, which are currently held in daytime.
You will be responsible for:
- Governance advice to the Trust with responsibility for the oversight of good governance and procedural matters;
- Providing support to clerks and chairs of governors on local governing bodies (LGBs) within the ODBST family of schools and prospective schools;
- Acting as clerk to the ODBST board of Trustees;
- Managing, on behalf of Trustees, the recruitment and appointment processes for governors in Trust schools;
- Developing an effective training programme and providing telephone and face-to-face support for clerks and governors
You will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of academy compliance and governance
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Produce high quality minutes quickly and efficiently
The role is part time, working 20 hours per week with the possibility of an increase in hours over time alongside the growth of the Trust. There is the opportunity for the successful candidate to select their own working pattern, subject to agreement by the Trust. Flexibility is required to work evenings on occasion.
Based at Stoke Mandeville, you will need to be able to travel across Buckinghamshire including Milton Keynes and will also be able to work from home on occasion.
To find out more, please review the full job description and documentation attached.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 12:00 on 13th May 2022.
ODBST is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. ODBST is an equal opportunities employer.