Induction Training for Governors
This event will take place between 6:00pm and 7:30pm on 30/09/2020.
It's good practice for new governors to have induction training and for experienced governors to refresh their thinking every so often.
This is important because evidence suggests governing bodies work more efficiently when everyone knows their roles and responsibilities and it meets Ofsted expectations to consider governors' commitment to their development as part of the 'leadership and management' judgement.
This session will add to your knowledge, skills, and confidence with regard to:
• The purpose and roles of a local governing body in the Trust
• Your role in making the school a better place
• How to know that you are being successful
There will be opportunities to talk with other governors, share good practice and ask questions and seek clarity about roles and responsibilities
• David Cousins – ODBST CEO
• Deborah Stainer – ODBST Governor Services Officer