Introdution to SENCo Leadership
This event will take place between 3:30pm and 5:00pm on 20/01/2021 and on day 3 every 2 months until 02/05/2021.
About this Event
PLEASE NOTE THESE SESSIONS ARE DESIGNED FOR ODBST SCHOOLS ONLY.
We are keen to provide ODBST support for SENDCos and enable the sharing of already strong practice in schools. The sessions will be SENDCo led and we strongly encourage schools to join in and support these group. We are holding this meeting via Zoom, so each attendee will need to book via Eventbrite separately so we can email the login direct to them.
- Introduction to the role of the SENDCo - key responsibilities
- Code of Practice and statutory requirements
- SEND policy and the SEN local offer
- Managing the diary
- Identifying and assessing needs
- The role of external professionals including the Bucks SEN Team
- EHCPs and IPMs - target setting and review
- Provision Mapping
- Intervention Management
- Evaluating additional provision
- Working with the LGB and SEN governor
Please note that this is for ODBST schools only.