EYFS Learning Support Assistant - Great Horwood Church Of England School
Great Horwood Church Of England School would like to appoint an experienced EYFS Learning Support Assistant to join their team on a fixed term contract from January 2021.
Dates: 5th January 2021 31st August 2021, possibility of extension.
Working pattern: Part time 29.5 hours per week, over 4.5 days 8.30-3.15 and 8.30-1.15, term time only 38 weeks per year.
Salary: Bucks pay range 1B - 2 depending on experience and qualifications.
About us: Great Horwood School is a warm welcoming learning community where children and staff "learn and grow together" with a commitment to high achievement and raising the standards of all. We expect our children to demonstrate our schools values and a caring attitude to each other and their environment and in return we value the special contribution of every child. The close co-operation and commitment that exists between all members of the school community is a strength of the school. We have hard working and dedicated staff with a supportive Governing Body and PTA.
About the role
We expect the successful candidate to:
- Have some LSA experience and hold a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Be willing to work in our Nursery, Pre-School and EYFS setting
- Be willing to be flexible and work across the school age range
- Be able to support teachers in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils.
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children;
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations.
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience.
- Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils.
- Work closely with staff as part of a team;
- Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom.
- Be prepared cover for teachers for short intervals when necessary
- Support pupils learning through SEN interventions and small group support
- Support at lunchtime by serving hot meals and supervising play
- Be fully supportive of the strong Christian ethos of the school and it’s values
In return you will receive:
- Excellent professional development provided by ODBST
- The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues and governors
- A well resourced, challenging learning environment
- Pupils who are well behaved and love to learn, a real credit to the school
- Supportive parents and members of the community
You will have effective classroom and management skills to motivate children. You will be an inspirational person with high expectations committed to delivering quality learning and teaching, making a significant contribution to raising the achievement of all our pupils and enabling our children to reach their full potential.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils. The post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance, medical, qualifications and reference checks. Visits to the school are possible by arrangement within Covid-19 restrictions. For further information please contact the school admin officer Mrs Deborah Allison on 01296 712622 or email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 7th December 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 9th December 2020
Available documents on the school website
Application form, and ODBST Privacy Notice
Information pack including the Job Description and Personal Specification