Learning Support Assistant - Longwick Church of England Combined School
Longwick Church of England Combined School would like to appoint an experienced Learning Support Assistant to join their team on a fixed term contract in January 2021.
Dates: 1st January 2021 for the Spring and Summer term with the possibility of the post becoming permanent.
Working pattern: 32.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year, Monday to Friday.
Salary: Bucks pay range 1b.
About us: Longwick Church of England Combined School (Good, Ofsted January 2018) is a happy, lively, and successful school where both children and adults work together as an incredibly strong team. The School is an academy that is part of the Oxford Diocesan Bucks School Trust, a multi academy trust. We are proud to be an inclusive and successful village school, serving our local community and numerous families beyond. With over 180 pupils on role we strive to prepare every child for the challenges and changes of the future by enabling them to build strong foundations so that they can achieve the highest standards in their personal development. Our Christian values (Respect, Perseverance, Wisdom, Peace, Responsibility and Compassion) reflect our Christian foundation as a Church of England School and provide the basis for everything we do. Our happy, popular, and “Good” school is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated classroom support assistant to join our team. Experience of working with children or young people would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- provide 1:1 support as well as focus group support to children in class
- be proactive and play an active role during all lessons
- be calm, positive, approachable, and flexible
- have a good level of written and spoken English as well as an understanding of Maths
- be committed fully to ensuring the happiness and safety of our children
- fully support the strong Christian ethos of our school
What we can offer you:
- a high level of support and commitment from our friendly and hardworking staff
- a staff team that is committed to the children and their development
- children who are eager to learn in our creative and challenging atmosphere
- a vibrant and supportive parent body and community
- a commitment to personalised professional development
- a highly supportive Board of Governors
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS and qualifications check will be carried out upon appointment of the successful candidate.
Full job description as attachment.
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Interview date: TBC.
How to apply
For further information about the role, please contact the school office on 01844 344769 or email email@example.com.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered upon receipt. Due to social distancing measures, interviews may need to be carried out virtually.
School details: Walnut Tree Lane, Longwick, Princes Risborough, Bucks.
Office Tel: 01844 344769