Governor Services Officer
Hours: 15 hours per week (0.4 FTE)
Location: Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire with some flexibility to work from home
Salary: £26,112 - £28,860 pro-rata, dependent on experience
Start Date: 1st September 2021
We are a multi-academy trust (MAT) formed as part of the commitment by the Diocese of Oxford to excellent education for academies. Operating across Buckinghamshire, including Milton Keynes, we are building a successful MAT attractive to both church and non-church schools. We are currently a family of eleven schools with an ambitious and exciting programme of growth.
We are looking for a Governor Services Officer (GSO) to support our Trust and the local governing bodies of our academies. This is an interesting role in a small, friendly team helping to guide a growing organisation. You will manage the delivery of a high-quality and consistent governor service to ODBST schools. You will also advise our Board and clerk meetings of the Trustees and their committees, which are currently held in daytime.
You will be responsible for:
- Acting as clerk to the ODBST board of Trustees;
- Acting as GSO to the Trust with responsibility for the oversight of good governance and procedural matters;
- Providing support to clerks and chairs of governors on local governing bodies (LGBs) within the ODBST family of schools and prospective schools;
- Managing, on behalf of Trustees, the recruitment and appointment processes for governors in Trust schools;
- Developing an effective training programme and providing telephone and face-to-face support for clerks and governors
You will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of academy compliance and governance
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Produce high quality minutes quickly and efficiently
The role is offered on a part-time basis working 15 hours per week, which may include evenings. There is the opportunity for the successful candidate to select their own working pattern, subject to agreement by the Trust. Based at Stoke Mandeville, you will need to be able to travel across Buckinghamshire including Milton Keynes and will also be able to work from home on occasion.
An application form, recruitment monitoring form, applicant letter and privacy notice are available on our website. Completed applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 09:00 on 28th June 2021. Interviews will take place on 1st July 2021.
ODBST is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check.