Phonics workshop for Teachers and TAs Phase 4-5
This event will take place between 3:30pm and 5:00pm on 03/12/2020.
To enhance subject knowledge and progression in the early teaching of phonics, with a focus on Phases 4-5
By the end of the training participates will be able to:
• demonstrate a secure subject knowledge of Phase 4-5 (Letters and Sounds)
• know effective ways of teaching blending and segmenting
• understand progression throughout the phases 4-5
• draw upon a bank of practical activities and ideas to support the above
• use a range of strategies to support children in applying phonics within reading and writing
PLEASE NOTE THESE SESSIONS ARE DESIGNED FOR ODBST SCHOOLS ONLY.