Assistant Headteacher - St Mary's School, Aylesbury
Salary: L4 –L7
Permanent full-time post
NOR: 450 + Nursery
Required for September 2022
The Governors of St Mary’s Church of England School are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Early Years Foundation Stage leader to build on the successes achieved by our current leadership team. We are proud of our good OFSTED rating (2019) and our Good SIAMS rating (2018). We are looking for someone with high aspirations, clear vision and an understanding of strategic planning to drive us to that Outstanding judgement. We are looking for an outstanding Assistant Headteacher with the qualities and skills to enable the school to achieve aspirational outcomes for all our pupils in our EYFS and ensure that they ‘Shine as lights in the world’. You will need to be an outstanding EYFS teacher who understands how children learn and who can bring new initiatives and ideas to the school. We need a strong candidate who leads by example, who can successfully lead and manage change and can promote a collaborative approach to development with our staff, parents/carers and governors.
You will be able to offer us:
- An outstanding EYFS practitioner with a proven track record in raising pupil attainment and progress
- Strong leadership and management skills and the ability to support, challenge and inspire others
- A person with drive and initiative, committed to the aims and ethos of our school
- A recent track record of significant and successful school improvement which has had a measurable impact on standards.
In return we can offer you:
- Excellent professional development opportunities including the opportunity to prepare for headship
- Enthusiastic and well behaved children
- Supportive pupils, staff, parents/carers and governors
- The opportunity to make a real difference to our school and our pupils
The school is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is an equal opportunity employer.
We would welcome visits to the school and these can be arranged through the school office. For more information and an application pack, please contact Ruth Hope on 01296 482094 or e-mail email@example.com. Please also see our website www.st-marysaylesbury.bucks.sch.uk
Applications will be reviewed on receipt